Monday, December 17, 2012

When You've Lost Joe Scarborough....



The NRA has had our elected officials wrapped around its little finger for far too long. It's time to confront them and make them defend their insane obsession with the kinds of weapons that should be used only on a battlefield.

And perhaps Scarborough is right, that this time is different. I'm not so sure. The weeks surrounding the Columbine massacre were filled with similar incidents. I remember thinking at that time that we had reached a breaking point, and that now our elected officials would act. They didn't. I was wrong.

So, will they this time? I'm skeptical. But I do know that my right to keep and bear children, as one writer put it over the weekend, trumps your right to keep and bear arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment